Chief's Luau - Sea Life Park
Taking place at Sea Life Park Hawaii, Chief’s Luau is one of Oahu’s most popular Hawaiian luaus. What makes Chief’s Luau special is Chief Sielu, who is widely regarded as the funniest Polynesian comedian and all-around entertainer in the Pacific. In addition to lots of hysterical comedy throughout, Chief’s Luau features a variety of island arts & crafts and games, an all-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner and an exciting Polynesian show.
- Gorgeous location – luau grounds are backed by sea cliffs and overlook Rabbit Island and the ocean
- Luau activities include a lei greeting, hula lessons, coconut husking, weaving, tattooing, hands-on crafts, imu and ava ceremony and more
- Features Chief Sielu, a world-class Polynesian comedian who has been a guest on Late Night with David Letterman and Oprah Winfrey
Chief's Luau Menu:
- Mixed Island Greens
- Diced Pineapple
- Taro & Assorted Rolls
- White Rice
- Hawaiian Sweet Potato
- Succulent Butter & Garlic Braised Vegetables
- Vegetarian Chow Mein
- Slow Cooked Kalua Pork
- Roasted Guava BBQ Chicken
- Asian Style Island Fish (Shoyu, Ginger)
- Pineapple Cake
- Poi & Lomi Lomi Salmon are served during the activities portion of the luau
- Coffee, Tea, Tropical Punch
- Cash bar available (Mai Tais, Wine, Beer, Soda)
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Roundtrip Transportation: Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki is available. This optional add-on includes Waikiki area (or cruise ship) pick-up and drop-off.
Choose from three different Chief's Luau packages:
Chief on Stage
Chief's Fire-Knife Dance
Hawaiian Luau Dance
Best Oahu Luau
- Where and When:
Hotel pick-up is available from 9 convenient pick-up points in Waikiki with departure times ranging from 4:00 pm to 4:35 pm depending on your departure location. The exact departure time and location will be emailed to you. Motorcoaches return to original departure point. If requiring an ADA bus lift, we require at least 48 hour notice.
Please arrive at your departure location 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, as we are unable to wait for guests arriving late. Look for a green Roberts Hawaii motorcoach and escorts who will be wearing red Polynesian outfits. If for any reasons you miss your bus, you will be required to find your own way to the luau. We suggest either Charley's Taxi, 808-233-3333, or City Bus 22 or 23. Return transportation to Waikiki will still be provided. Rescheduling to another date is an option, canceling is not an option.
For same day transportation questions, please call 888-657-1077.
Check-in begins at 4:30 pm. Gates open at 5:00 pm. Luau begins at 5:15 pm and ends at about 8:30 pm.
Physical location. Sea Life Park, 41-202 Kalanianaole Hwy #7, Waimanalo, HI 96795
Driving Directions from Waikiki: H-1 East, becomes Hwy 72 Kalanianaole Hwy, follow around coast past Hanauma Bay and scenic overlooks. Sea Life Park will be on your left. About 14 miles, 25 minutes. Parking is $5 and is CASH ONLY.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (4 and under) allows children 4 and under to have their own seat and plate of food.
If optional motorcoach transportation is purchased, infants ride for free but may be required to sit on parent's lap.
- Operation Days:
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Closed Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- 3.5 hours
- Chiefs Luau
- Maximum capacity is 500 guests