Aha'aina Royal Hawaiian Luau
Waikiki's history is full of tales featuring island royalty, large feasts and beautiful settings. The iconic Pink Palace as the Royal Hawaiian Hotel is known is located at one of these ancient locations where the island’s royalty gathered to feast. In the old days these gatherings were called aha'aina and were a feast of food, mele (song) and dance.
Come and experience the spirit of this ancient Hawaiian tradition right here at the Royal Hawaiian, a truly memorable Oahu luau that skillfully depicts this special custom known today as a luau. Watch or participate in traditional arts & crafts, such as kapa making (a cloth made of pounded bark), poi pounding (poi is made by cooking and pounding the taro root) and na lawai'a (tending of fishing tools). Then sit down to a delicious luau buffet dinner featuring delectable island-style dishes. Another of the evening's highlights is the Polynesian show, featuring Hawaiian music and hula dances as well as dances from other Polynesian islands.
- Held in the heart of Waikiki at a beautiful oceanfront location at the iconic Pink Palace
- Cultural presentations and hands-on activities
- Hear stories of ancient legends
- Authentic Hawaiian luau buffet dinner
- Spectacular Polynesian performance
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium Seating - Seating is 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.Cocktail Seating
- Includes the show and 2 beverages. Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Gluten Free Menu
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Royal Hawaiian Luau Buffet
Luau Buffet Dinner
Royal Hawaiian Hotel
Royal Hawaiian Luau Location
The Iconic Pink Palace
Hawaiian Cultural Demonstrations
Hawaiian Luau Dances
Aha'aina Luau Show
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Thursday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian