Island Breeze Luau - King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Held on the grounds of King Kamehameha the Great's former estate in the heart of Kailua-Kona, the Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000. The evening's festivities begin with a hula & story telling. Witness the arrival of the Royal Court at the stage.
Later, sit down to a lavish Hawaiian buffet dinner featuring freshly roasted kalua pork, island fish and grilled beef, as well as an open bar. Dinner is followed by "He 'Ohana Kakou," an exciting Polynesian show featuring music and dances from Hawaii and other Polynesian islands.
Ali'i Seating Upgrade (unavailable until summer): This upgrade includes expedited check-in, preferred seating at the front of the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the door when you arrive, but must be chosen with your order. Once selected, the Ali'i upgrade can't be canceled at check-in.
- Overlooking Kamakahonu Bay in Kailua-Kona
- Luau grounds are on King Kamehameha the Great's former estate
- Learn about traditional hula & story telling
- Royal procession representing King Kamehameha and his legacy
Delicious all-you-can-eat Hawaiian buffet with a wide variety of delicacies, plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Toss Green Salad with Dressing
- Local Macaroni Salad
- Three Bean Salad
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad
- Lomi Salmon
- Local Style Poke
- Steamed Rice
- Steamed Sweet Potato
- Kona Style BBQ Chicken
- Fresh Island Style Seared Fish
- Kalua Pork
- Banana Bread
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
Spectacular Polynesian Revue
- Where and When:
Check-in for Ali'i (Preferred) seating is at 5:15 pm.
Check-in for Ohana (General) seating is at 5:30 pm.
Festivities end at approximately 8:30 pm.
Check in is at the entrance to the luau grounds.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. View Map
The check-in desk is located in the Hawaiian Monarchy Room located across from the Courtyard Business Library and hotel parking lot entrance. Payment for upgraded Hanohano seating is made at this time.
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau. Self-parking is free with validation, and valet parking will be an additional fee (parking validations are subject to change without notice).
October 6th & 11th - The luau will be held at the Sheraton Kona Resort & spa at Keauhou during Ironman.
Check in at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa
at Keauhou Bay
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 4 and under) are provided their own seat and plate. Children 4 and under are required to pay for the Hanohano option.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Island Breeze Luau
- Big Island
- 400 guests