Island Breeze Luau - King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Held on the grounds of King Kamehameha the Great's former estate in the heart of Kailua-Kona, the Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000. The evening's festivities begin with a warm lei greeting after which you have the chance to participate in a traditional arts & crafts and watch cultural presentations. Witness the "Kalua'ana o ka Pua'a", the uncovering of the imu (underground oven) to reveal the roast pig. Then watch the arrival of the Royal Court aboard an outrigger canoe.
Later, sit down to a lavish Hawaiian buffet dinner featuring freshly roasted kalua pork, island fish and grilled beef, as well as an open bar. Dinner is followed by "He 'Ohana Kakou," an exciting Polynesian show featuring music and dances from Hawaii and other Polynesian islands.
Hanohano Seating Upgrade: This upgrade includes expedited check-in, preferred seating at the front of the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the door when you arrive, but must be chosen with your order. Once selected, the Hanohano upgrade can't be canceled at check-in.
- Overlooking Kamakahonu Bay in Kailua-Kona
- Luau grounds are on King Kamehameha the Great's former estate
- Shell lei greeting
- Learn about traditional arts & crafts
- Delicious all-you-can-eat Hawaiian buffet with a wide variety of delicacies, plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Tossed Greens w/Assorted Dressings (papaya seed, thousand island, Italian)
- Three Bean Salad
- Picked Cucumber-Ogo Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Lomo Lomi Salmon
- Pineapple Cubes
- Fresh Island Papaya
- Sweet Potatoes - Coconut Butter
- White Rice
- Kona Coffee BBQ Chicken
- Island Fish - with ginger, soy, and scallions
- Kona Broil - Beef Teriyaki
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Banana- Coconut Cake
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 5:00 pm. Festivities end at approximately 8:30 pm.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. View Map
The check-in desk is located in the Hawaiian Monarchy Room located across from the Courtyard Business Library and hotel parking lot entrance. Payment for upgraded Hanohano seating is made at this time.
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau. Parking is $5.00 with validation.
Special note for October 9th & 14th, 2018 bookings:
Due to the Ironman triathlon, Island Breeze Luau won't take place at the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel on October 9th & 14th, 2018. If you book the luau for this date, it will be the Haleo Luau instead, which takes place at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, located at 78-128 Ehukai St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Flower lei available for purchase upon arrival.
Infant pricing (children 4 and under) are provided their own seat and plate. Children 4 and under are required to pay for the Hanohano option.
- Operation Days:
- Operates Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (and Wednesdays during the summer months)
- Approximately 3 hours
- Island Breeze Luau
- Big Island
- 400 guests