Old Lahaina Luau
At nearly 100 percent capacity year-round, the Old Lahaina Luau is surely one of the most popular Hawaiian luaus in all of Hawaii and for good reason – the Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting a truly authentic Hawaiian luau. Experience an evening of Hawaiian music, island cuisine and traditional arts and crafts.
After a warm welcome, witness cultural presentations including the traditional imu ceremony, in which the kalua pua'a (roast pig) is removed from the underground oven. Later, enjoy a delicious luau buffet dinner. The luau table is set with a wide variety of delicacies (see menu below). After dinner, watch a spectacular Polynesian show featuring music and dances from the Hawaiian Islands and greater Polynesia.
At the Old Lahaina Luau, all seats are reserved and prioritized by the date a reservation is confirmed. Guests may choose from traditional Hawaiian mat seating or regular conventional tables and chairs. Please select your seating style at the time of reservation, as it is difficult to change after all guests have arrived.
- One of the best luaus in Hawaii – presenting a traditional Hawaiian cultural experience
- Luau grounds are reminiscent of an old Hawaiian fishing village
- Fresh flower lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and well-produced and choreographed entertainment
- Includes a premium open bar (tropical & special cocktails, beer, wine, sodas, juices, ice tea, lemonade and more)
- Pua'a Kalua – Pork roasted in the beachside imu, the Hawaiian underground oven
- Laulau – Succulent bundles of pork wrapped in taro leaf and cooked until tender
- I'a – Maui-style fish
- Pipi Ko'ala – Grilled beef steak
- Chicken Long Rice – Shredded chicken, Maui onions, ginger and rice bean noodles in broth
- Moa – Island-style chicken marinated with guava sauce garnished with fresh pineapples and toasted sesame seeds
- Stir Fry Vegetables – Zucchini, Maui onions, carrots, broccoli and sugar snap peas
- Local-Style Fried Rice – Fried rice with green onions, peas and sesame oil
- Uala – Sliced Big Island sweet potatoes
- Island Crab Salad – Crab, shrimp and water chestnuts
- Lu'au Kalo – Taro and lu’au leaf combined with creamy coconut milk
- Pohole Salad – Fern shoots, Maui onions and tomatoes served in a vinaigrette sauce
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Local tomatoes, Maui onions and salted salmon
- Poke Ahi – Fresh raw ahi (yellowfin tuna) with green onions and Maui onions
- Poke He'e – Marinated cooked octopus/tako
- Poi – Made from boiling and mashing the root of the taro plant
- Fresh Island Fruit & Banana Bread
- Fresh Seasonal Fruits
- Assorted Island Desserts – Passion fruit cake, Upcountry lavender lemon shortbread cookies, Hawaiian chocolate chili pepper brownie and haupia (coconut pudding)
Old Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- Oceanfront at 1251 Front Street, Lahaina, Maui. View Map
September & March to May:
Check-in is at 5:45 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 5:45 pm.
Dinner starts at 6:30 pm.
Entertainment is from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm.
June to August:
Check-in is at 6:15pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 6:15pm.
Dinner starts at 7:00 pm.
Entertainment is from 8:15 pm to 9:15pm.
October to February:
Check-in is at 5:15 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 5:15 pm.
Dinner starts at 6:00 pm.
Entertainment is from 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm.
**Entertainment/Dinner start times may be subject to be slightly earlier or later depending on how the schedule is going.
- If you select traditional seating, the booking requires a minimum of 4 people in your party.
- COVID MEASURES:
Due to COVID-19, certain inclusions, meal options and capacities may be changed to adhere to local mandates, safety & health guidelines.
Contact-less check in with your mobile device. The luau will text a QR Code the day of your luau that is required for check in along with a link for the menu, bar, map & program. Physical programs and tickets will NOT be issued.
A brief health screening will be conducted at check-in.
Guests should maintain a 6ft social distance from other guests and luau staff.
Guests are required to wear face masks (no gators, bandanas or face shields) while anywhere on property, except while sitting at their personal table.
Seating capacity & occupancy limits have been reduced to achieve social distancing.
Only families or parties traveling together will be allowed to share a table with a maximum of 8 guests per table.
Food will be served in multiple courses, plated and delivered to each party's table.
Beverages will be ordered and served to the table, no walk-up bar service will be available.
- Special Notes:
- Premium open bar included throughout the evening!
Infant pricing (children 2 and under) are considered "lap children" and will not have their own seat or plate. They must sit in the lap of an adult.
Please let us know if anyone in your party has special needs such as wheelchair, etc.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Approximately 480