Royal Lahaina Luau (Myths of Maui) - Royal Lahaina Resort
This Maui luau has it all – a gorgeous oceanfront setting on famous Kaanapali Beach, a mouthwatering luau buffet dinner and spectacular island-style live entertainment, plus a full open bar! Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a beautiful shell lei and a tropical cocktail. Then witness the Hawaiian imu ceremony, in which the kalua pua'a (roast pig) is taken out from the underground oven, nature’s slow cooker.
After that, all luau guests will be called to the big Hawaiian feast. The table is set with a wide variety of mouthwatering treats, including juicy roast pork, fresh island fish, teriyaki chicken and stir-fried beef. The Royal Lahaina Luau even has a special menu for kids, so no one will leave hungry!
Dinner is followed by an exciting Polynesian show featuring traditional Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan and Maori music and dances. Look forward to the breathtaking Samoan fire-knife dance that features several fire-knife dancers and flaming poi balls!
VIP Upgrade: The VIP upgrade includes premium front section seating, a fresh flower lei for women and a kukui nut lei for men, and priority access to the dinner buffet.
2020 Show Only: See the show without the dinner portion! The
Show only package includes an aloha shell lei greeting, open seating (no
VIP Upgrade available), and open bar!
- Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Fresh shell lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Pua'a Kalua (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Island's only keiki buffet
- Live Hawaiian music
- Free photo opportunities with the luau dancers
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
Vegetarian (V), Gluten Free (GF)
- Green Salad (V/GF)
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island (V) or Papaya Seed Dressing (V/GF)
- Banana Mandarin Macadamia Nut Salad (V/GF): Fruit Salad
including Banana, Mandarin Oranges, Coconut Flakes, Macadamia Nuts mixed
together with Mayonnaise
- Macaroni Salad (V): Combination of Elbow Macaroni Nodles, Mayonnaise, Shredded Carrots, Parsley, Salt and Pepper
- Asian Shrimp Salad: Fresh Watercress, Bean Sprouts,
Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Onions and Shrimp with
- Cucumber Namasu (V/GF): Tangy Asian Mixture of Cucumber, Carrots, Onions and Rice Vinegar
- Lomi Lomi Salmon (GF): Hawaiian Recipe of Salted Salmon, Onions and Tomatoes
- Poi (V/GF): Hawaiian Delicacy, Pounded Taro Root with Water
- Pan Fried Noodles (V): Chow Mein Noodles Pan Fried with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Chives and Soy Sauce
- Fried Rice (V/GF): Rice, Pan Fried with Peas, Carrots, Garlic, Onions and Soy Sauce
- Huli Chicken on Veggie Long Rice Noodles (GF): Recipe of Chicken,
Veggies and Long Rice Noodles Marinated in an Asian Influenced Sauce and
- Sesame Honey Island Fish w/ Spinach and Mango Coconut Sauce (GF):
Sesame & Honey Basted Fish Broiled on Spinach, Topped with a Mango
Coconut Cream Sauce
- Kalua Pork (GF): Roasted Pork Cooked in the Imu, Underground Oven
- Teriyaki Beef (GF)
- Whole Kernel Corn (V/GF)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (V)
- Molokai Sweet Potato (V/GF): Purple Sweet Potato Variety that is Steamed and Served with Coconut Syrup and Flakes
Keiki (Children) Menu:
- Chicken Nuggets
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Potato Chips
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting (V)
- White Cake with White Frosting and Coconut Shavings (V)
- Guava Cream Tarts (V): Filling Guava Jam and Vanilla Pudding on a Tart Crust
- Haupia (V/GF): Hawaiian Dessert of Gelatin Coconut Pudding
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Royal Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- September 16th to February:
Check in at 5:45 pm for VIP seating.
Check in at 6:00 pm for Standard seating.
Check in at 7:15 pm for Show Only.
March to September 15th:
Check in at 6:15 pm for VIP seating.
Check in at 6:30 pm for Standard seating.
Check in at 7:30 pm for Show Only.
Check in Location:
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $5.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500