Royal Lahaina Luau (Myths of Maui) - Royal Lahaina ResortReopening December 17, 2023.
This Maui luau has it all – a gorgeous oceanfront setting on famous Kaanapali Beach, a mouthwatering luau buffet dinner and spectacular island-style live entertainment, plus a full open bar! Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a beautiful shell lei and a tropical cocktail. Then witness the Hawaiian imu ceremony, in which the kalua pua'a (roast pig) is taken out from the underground oven, nature’s slow cooker.
After that, all luau guests will be called to the big Hawaiian feast. The table is set with a wide variety of mouthwatering treats, including fresh island fish, teriyaki chicken and kalua pork. For vegetarian guests, a tofu veggie stir fry is available as well with
advance notice. The Royal Lahaina Luau also has the island's only kid
friendly menu, so no one will leave hungry!
Dinner is followed by an exciting Polynesian show featuring traditional Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan and Maori music and dances. Look forward to the breathtaking Samoan fire-knife dance that features several fire-knife dancers and flaming poi balls!
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar & luau show. Tables are pre-assigned by date of booking. Tables are ohana (family) style and can seat more than one family per table (up to 12 guests per table).
VIP Upgrade: Reserved seating area, flower lei for ladies and kukui nut lei for gentlemen, first set of tables to begin dinner service, premium open bar selection. Tables are first four rows closest to the stage and forward facing.
- Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Fresh shell lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Pua'a Kalua (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- All-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner
- Live Hawaiian entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Photos with the luau dancers with the option to purchase photos
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
- Awe inspiring full cast fire finale
Luau Dinner Menu:
- UpCountry Kula Greens - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Fresh Pounded Poi - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Ala'e Salmon - GF
- Sweet Savory Local Cucumber Namasu - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls - Vegetarian
- Maui Gold Pineapple - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Wok Stir Fry Vegetables - GF/Vegetarian
- Molokai Purple Sweet Potato w/ Toasted Coconut Flakes - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Huli Huli Succulent Teriyaki Chicken
- Kiawe Pua'a Imu Roasted Pork - GF
- Umami Furikake Rice - GF/Vegetarian
- Seasoned Soy Fresh Catch
- Classic Baked Macaroni and Special Cheese Blend
- Golden Crispy Battered Chicken Nuggets
- Niu Coconut Decadent Cake
- Traditional Haupia Light Bites - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Lava Chocolate Cake
A tofu veggie stir fry entrée (vegan and/or gluten free) is available upon request with 24 hour advance notice.
Open bar: Features a great selection of complimentary tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages. $5 per drink for premium alcohol or frozen blended drinks.
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice.
Royal Lahaina Luau Show
Royal Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- October 15 - March 14:
VIP: Check in at 5:15 pm for VIP ticket holders, as ticket provides early access. Gates open at 5:15 pm.
GENERAL: Check in at 5:30 pm.
March 15 - October 14:
VIP: Check in at 5:30 pm for VIP ticket holders, as ticket provides early access. Gates open at 5:30 pm.
GENERAL: Check in at 5:45 pm.
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- Please call in any vegan and/or gluten free meal request at least 24 hours in advance.
By entering an event or program of the Myths of Maui Luau, you are entering an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur. Your entry and presence on the event premises constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded and to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of any and all recorded media of your appearance, voice, and name for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity in connection with the Myths of Maui Luau and its initiatives, including, by way of example only, use on websites, in social media, news and advertising.
By entering the event premises, you waive and release any claims you may have related to the use of recorded media of you at the event, including, without limitation, any right to inspect or approve the photo, video or audio recording of you, any claims for invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, defamation, and copyright infringement or for any fees for use of such record media.
You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the event premises.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $10.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500