Royal Lahaina Luau (Myths of Maui) - Royal Lahaina Resort
This Maui luau has it all – a gorgeous oceanfront setting on famous Kaanapali Beach, a mouthwatering luau buffet dinner and spectacular island-style live entertainment, plus a full open bar! Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a beautiful shell lei and a tropical cocktail. Then witness the Hawaiian imu ceremony, in which the kalua pua'a (roast pig) is taken out from the underground oven, nature’s slow cooker.
After that, all luau guests will be called to the big Hawaiian feast. The table is set with a wide variety of mouthwatering treats, including juicy roast pork, fresh island fish, teriyaki chicken and stir-fried beef. The Royal Lahaina Luau even has a special menu for kids, so no one will leave hungry!
Dinner is followed by an exciting Polynesian show featuring traditional Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan and Maori music and dances. Look forward to the breathtaking Samoan fire-knife dance that features several fire-knife dancers and flaming poi balls!
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar, & luau show.
VIP Upgrade: The VIP upgrade includes premium front section seating, a fresh flower lei for women and a kukui nut lei for men, and priority access to the dinner buffet & open bar.
- Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Fresh shell lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Pua'a Kalua (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Island's only keiki buffet
- Live Hawaiian music
- Free photo opportunities with the luau dancers
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
Vegetarian (V), Gluten Free (GF)
- Green Salad (V/GF)
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island (V) or Papaya Seed Dressing (V/GF)
- Banana Mandarin Macadamia Nut Salad (V/GF): Fruit Salad
including Banana, Mandarin Oranges, Coconut Flakes, Macadamia Nuts mixed
together with Mayonnaise
- Macaroni Salad (V): Combination of Elbow Macaroni Nodles, Mayonnaise, Shredded Carrots, Parsley, Salt and Pepper
- Asian Shrimp Salad: Fresh Watercress, Bean Sprouts,
Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Onions and Shrimp with
- Cucumber Namasu (V/GF): Tangy Asian Mixture of Cucumber, Carrots, Onions and Rice Vinegar
- Lomi Lomi Salmon (GF): Hawaiian Recipe of Salted Salmon, Onions and Tomatoes
- Poi (V/GF): Hawaiian Delicacy, Pounded Taro Root with Water
- Pan Fried Noodles (V): Chow Mein Noodles Pan Fried with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Chives and Soy Sauce
- Fried Rice (V/GF): Rice, Pan Fried with Peas, Carrots, Garlic, Onions and Soy Sauce
- Huli Chicken on Veggie Long Rice Noodles (GF): Recipe of Chicken,
Veggies and Long Rice Noodles Marinated in an Asian Influenced Sauce and
- Sesame Honey Island Fish w/ Spinach and Mango Coconut Sauce (GF):
Sesame & Honey Basted Fish Broiled on Spinach, Topped with a Mango
Coconut Cream Sauce
- Kalua Pork (GF): Roasted Pork Cooked in the Imu, Underground Oven
- Teriyaki Beef (GF)
- Whole Kernel Corn (V/GF)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (V)
- Molokai Sweet Potato (V/GF): Purple Sweet Potato Variety that is Steamed and Served with Coconut Syrup and Flakes
Keiki (Children) Menu:
- Chicken Nuggets
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Potato Chips
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting (V)
- White Cake with White Frosting and Coconut Shavings (V)
- Guava Cream Tarts (V): Filling Guava Jam and Vanilla Pudding on a Tart Crust
- Haupia (V/GF): Hawaiian Dessert of Gelatin Coconut Pudding
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Royal Lahaina Luau Show
Royal Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- October 15th to March 14th
VIP: Check in and entry will begin at 5:00pm.
GENERAL: Check in and entry will begin at 5:15pm
Dinner will start approximately 5:30pm - 5:45pm
Show will start approximately 6:15pm - 6:30pm depending on if all guests are settled at tables.
March 15th to October 14th
VIP: Check in and entry will begin at 5:30pm.
GENERAL: Check in and entry will begin at 5:45pm
Dinner will start approximately 6:00pm - 6:15pm
Show will start approximately 6:45pm - 7:15pm depending on if all guests are settled at tables.
Check in Location:
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- As part of Maui County's "Safe Access" order, guests attending the luau will be subject to temperature checks in order to enter. Any guest with a temperature exceeding 100.4 F will not be able to attend, receiving a full refund.
Standard covid prevention protocols are in place:
Masks are required to be worn in indoor public areas. Masks can be removed when guests are seated at individual tables for dining and drinks.
Seating is Family style with a maximum of 10 guests per table. Larger parties will have to be split between tables. Please no mingling with people who are not in your party.
Please maintain social distancing standards from other parties and staff members wherever possible.
The buffet will have attendants to serve food to guests.
There is no walk up bar service. Drinks are ordered and served at the table.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $5.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500