Luau Maka'iwa - Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort
Held just steps away from the ocean on Kauai's beautiful east shore, Luau Maka'iwa invites you to immerse yourself in Hawaiian and Polynesian culture and experience Kauai's most exciting and authentic luau. It is a musical and culinary journey of Hawaii and other Polynesian islands.
Witness the impressive torch lighting ceremony, listen to stories of ancient Hawaiian legends that are told through song and dance, and enjoy a scrumptious luau buffet dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies, as well as an open bar. Another highlight of the evening is the Polynesian revue performed under that direction of one of Hawaii's best kumu hula (hula teachers) – Leilani Rivera Low.
- Oceanfront setting on Kauai's Coconut Coast
- Cocktail reception, followed by cultural demonstrations
- Option to buy an authentic, hand-crafted souvenir
- Torch lighting ceremony
- Delectable luau feast featuring a wide variety of island-style delicacies
- Spectacular Polynesian show with award-winning hula, as well as Tahitian, Maori, Tongan and Samoan dances
Standard Seating Inclusions:
- Seating behind the VIP section
- Seating is pre-assigned
VIP Seating Inclusions:
- Seating closer to the stage at round tables (tables seat 8 guests)
- Ladies receive a flower for their hair and gentlemen receive a ti leaf lei
- Seating is pre-assigned
- Green Coconut Curry Mahi Mahi (Fresh Island Fish) *gf, df, pf, sff
- Kalua Pork *gf, df, pf, sff
- Huli Huli Chicken *df, pf, sff
- Kauai Vegetable Chow Mein *df, pf, sff
- Stir Fried Vegetable *df, pf, sff
- Kaffir Lime Scented Calrose Rice *gf, df, pf, sff
- Island Sweet Potato Hash *gf, df, pf, sff
- Lomi Lomi Salmon *gf, df, pf, sff
- Potato Mac Salad *pf, sff
- Salad Bar
- Poi *gf, df, pf, sff
- Rolls *pf, sff
- Papaya Mango Rice Pudding *pf, sff
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake *pf, sff
- Coconut Haupia *pf, sff
- Coffee & Tea Station
Open Bar: open from 5:30pm to 7:00pm (approximately)
- Mai Tais
- Soft Drinks
*Gluten Free =gf, Dairy Free=df, Peanut Free=pf, Shellfish Free=sff
Luau Makaiwa Performers
Aerial of Luau Grounds
- Where and When:
- Check-in at 5:15 pm at the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort (formerly Courtyard Kauai at Coconut Beach), 650 Aleka Loop, Kapaa, HI 96746. The luau grounds are located at the north side of the resort. View Map
From Princeville, head south on Highway 56. In Kapaa, go past McDonalds and turn left on Aleka Loop (Longs Drugs). Make the first left into Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort and follow signs to Luau parking.
From Poipu, head north on Highway 50 past Lihue to Highway 56 north. Cross over the Wailua River and go past Coconut Marketplace. Turn right on Aleka Loop at Longs Drugs. Make a left turn into Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort and follow signs to Luau parking.
Luau ends around 8:30 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Thursday and Sunday
- 3 hours
- Luau Maka'iwa