Te Au Moana Luau - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort
Enjoy a magical evening under the stars with live Hawaiian music and dances that tell the story of Polynesia. Located at a beautiful oceanfront location in South Maui, Te Au Moana, meaning "The Ocean Tide," is a truly memorable Maui luau. Before the start of the big feast, witness a variety of cultural demonstrations.
Learn how kapa (type of fabric) is made from certain species of trees and shrubs. Watch the husking and opening of a coconut. Enjoy storytelling with the graceful hula dancers. Visit the Hawaiian exhibit displaying weapons for hunting and war. Play ulumaika, a game played during the makahiki, an ancient harvest festival. There are also several booths where you’ll find island arts and crafts made by Hawaiian, Tongan and Samoan crafters that tell the stories of their homeland.
Later, watch the traditional imu ceremony, which is a vital part of any Hawaiian luau. See how the kalua roast pig is unearthed from the in-ground oven. Then sit down and enjoy a scrumptious all-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner that is sure to satisfy all appetites. After dinner, it's showtime! Enjoy a spectacular Polynesian show featuring music and dances from Hawaii and greater Polynesia.
Premium Upgrade: Premium Seating includes front row seating, VIP check-in and being the first to the buffet tables.
- Welcome fresh flower lei or carved wooden fish hook necklace
- Variety of cultural demonstrations and hands-on activities (e.g. flower crafting, kapa and bookmark making, casual hulas and storytelling)
- All-you-care-to-eat luau buffet
- Spectacular Polynesian show
- 4:00 pm Te Au Moana Luau Banquet staff available to start the evening
- 4:30 pm Bar opens, Cashier Hut opens, Photo opportunity with fresh flower lei (subject to seasonal availability)
- 5:15 pm Live music
- Crafters: Hawaiian crafter, Samoan crafter, Tongan crafter, and poi pounder
- Interactive Stations: Flower craft, coconut husking, Ulumaika, Hula dancing, and kapa printing
- 5:30 pm Imu Unearthing
- 5:45 pm Luau Buffet
- 7:00 pm Te Au Moana Show
- 8:00 pm Luau ends
- Imu (in-ground oven) Baked Kalua Pig
- Grilled Teriyaki Steaks
- Seafood Pasta
- Shoyu Chicken
- Hawaiian Fried Rice
- Molokai Sweet Potatoes
- Stir-Fried Vegetables
- Tossed Kula Greens
- House-made Macaroni Salad
- Lomi Lomi Salad
- Chuka Soba Noodle Salad
- Pineapple Coleslaw
- Sweet Rolls and Butter
- Coconut Haupia
- Double Chocolate Cake
- Coconut Macaroons
- Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Key Lime Squares
- Carrot Cake
- Open Bar and Blended Tropical Drinks
Hawaiian Imu Ceremony
Te Au Moana Luau Setting
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:30 pm.
Wailea Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, 3700 Wailea Alanui Drive, Kihei, HI 96753 View Map
Free self parking.
Valet parking is $35.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Also available on Tuesdays from June 19 through August 14.
- 3 hours
- Wailea Marriott Luau